The process is extremely simple and explained below for your ease of reference:
- Fill the Digital Account Opening Form & Upload the supporting documents using secured platform where the information you submit remains confidential.
- Relationship Management team from your preferred branch in Samba Bank Limited Pakistan will contact you for brief introduction and validation ofthe information submitted by you in the Digital Account Opening Form
- If the information provided by you is complete and all the required documents have been duly provided for the bank’s record, Samba Bank Limited, in accordance with the guidelines from the State Bank of Pakistan will open your Roshan Digital Account (in one or more product/currencies) within 2 Working Days
- As soon as your account is opened, you will receive an email on your registered email address with details of your pre-activated account and information about your globally acceptable Samba Master® Debit/ATM Card and Cheque Book.
You may also visit Samba Bank Limited’s FAQs to understand the process of opening your account with Samba BankLimited digitally and a wide array of services available to you.
You are eligible to open account under this facility if you are any of the following:
- Individual Non-resident* Pakistani Nationals (NRPs) having CNIC/ SNIC/ NICOP;
- Employees or officials of the Federal Government or a Provincial Government posted abroad.
You are requested to please keep the following updated support documentation handy with you while you are filling the application:
- Scan Copy of Your CNIC / SNIC / NICOP / POC
- Scan Copy of Your Passport (first 2 pages, Pakistani and / or foreign / other country)
- Live Photograph
- 2 Signatures on Plain White Paper
- Proof of NRP status (e.g. Visa, Entry / Exit Stamps / Iqama / Green Card / PR Card etc).
- Proof of profession and Source of income / Funds
- As per the SBP Letter No. BPRD / AML – 01 / 2020- 10306
dated September 17, 2020 – Annexure A
- Profit earned on Investment in Naya Pakistan Certificates is tax exempt
- No withholding tax will be deducted against profit on RDA deposits
- No need to obtain an exemption certificate from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR)
- No need to file tax returns on profit from RDA deposits
- No withholding tax on cash withdrawals or account-to-account transfer by NRPs; the NRPs having RDAs have been exempted from the application of clause 236P, 231 and 231A
Investment in Naya Pakistan Certificates
- Full and final tax @ 10 percent on profit on NPCs for NRPs and such resident Pakistanis having declared assets abroad
No need to file tax returns on profit on NPCs
Investment in Shares and Mutual Funds
- Full and final tax of 15 percent on capital gains
- Full and final tax of 15 percent on dividends received from mutual funds and companies other than IPPs and the companies which are tax exempt. The tax rate on dividends from IPPs is 7.5 percent and from tax exempt companies is 25 percent
- No penalty or doubling of the tax rate due to absence from Active Taxpayer’s List (ATPL)
- No need to file tax returns on dividends and capital gains
Investment in Property
- Full and final capital gains tax of 1 percent on value at the time of sale of properties
- Full and final payment of 1 percent tax on value at the time of purchase of properties
No need to file tax returns for NRPs on capital gains on sale of properties
Have Questions? Click here to view FAQs
Click here to download terms & conditions.
Click here for further information: http://www.sbp.org.pk/RDA/index.html
Samba Bank customers may also share their question & feedbacks related to Roshan Digital Accounts with SBP at RDASupport@sbp.org.pk or 111-727-111
Scan the above QR Code or Click here