State Life Sada Bahar Plan
Sada Bahar Plan is a high value savings and investment product. Funds accumulated during the savings term can be utilized for children’s higher education, marriage, house purchase, generating retirement income or for any other purpose. The plan is flexible enough to respond to the needs of most individuals. It aims to deliver a substantial sum of money at the end of the savings period. The additional benefit comes in the form of a life insurance cover
It is an anticipated endowment type with-profits plan that provides a lump sum benefit at certain stages during the premium paying term or on earlier death. In addition, this plan has a built-in Accidental cover for Death Benefit (ADB) rider, so that the policyholder gets an additional sum assured in case of death due to an accident.
This plan is a safe instrument for cash provision at the time of need. With this plan, the policyholder can secure greater protection and continued prosperity for the family at an affordable cost.
Admissible Ages and Returns
This plan is available to all members of the general public aged 20-60 years, to the nearest birthday. Both males and females may purchase this plan. Terms offered in this plan are 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27 and 30 years.
a) On completion of one-third of the policy term, 20% of the basic sum assured can be taken by the policyholder. Another 20% of the sum assured can be taken on completion of two-thirds of the policy term. The remaining 60% of the basic sum assured plus accrued bonuses (if any) shall be payable at the end of the policy term in the event of the survival of the assured.
b) If the option to withdraw an installment of 20% of the basic sum assured is not exercised on the due date, or within six months after the due date, a special bonus will automatically be added to the policy at the end of six months. In this event:
- On death of the assured, while the policy is in-force, this special bonus will be payable in addition to (i) basic sum assured, (ii) other reversionary bonuses accrued on the policy and (iii) the amount of any installment left with State Life.
- On the maturity date, the special bonus will be payable, together with all the installments of the sum assured remaining with State Life, in addition to regular reversionary bonuses accrued on the policy.
- So long as the policy remains in-force, the policyholder may surrender the unclaimed installment of sum assured together with the related special bonus. The aggregate cash surrender value of the two shall not be less than the amount of the said unclaimed installment.
- The reversionary bonuses, as per usual practice, will continue to be allotted each year on the basic sum assured (if in-force), as and when actuarial surplus is declared. However, the unclaimed installments of the sum assured and the related special bonus will not participate in State Life actuarial surplus.
The full basic sum assured plus accrued bonuses are payable on the death of the insured, any time, while the policy is in-force. In addition, if death occurs as a result of an accident, an additional amount equal to one basic sum assured, subject to a maximum limit, will be paid. The usual maximum on the Accidental Death
Benefit of Rs. 10 million will apply and premium will be calculated accordingly.
Excluding the ADB rider, all supplementary contracts that can be attached to an anticipated Endowment Plan are attachable to this plan.
This policy will participate in State Life's surplus. Rates of reversionary bonus applicable, other than any special bonus, will be 25% higher than those applicable on other plans.
Level premiums will be payable throughout the term of the policy. Premium rates are dependent on age and term.
Surrender Value and Loan Value
Policies issued under this plan will acquire a surrender value after they have been in-force for at least two full years and no premiums are in default. As with all surrender value products, a policy loan is also available under this plan. State Life will grant the policy loan against the policy’s surrender value on the written request of the policyholder. The rate of return or profit, and other terms and conditions, will be determined by State Life at the time of granting the loan.
Paid-up Values and Non-forfeiture Options
The policyholder can convert this plan into a paid-up policy by making a written request. The conditions relating to paid-up conversion are that the policy has been in-force for at least two full years and no premiums are in default. Once the policy becomes paid up, no further premiums are payable; the policy’s sum assured is accordingly reduced and the policy ceases to participate in State Life’s surplus. The reduced paid-up sum assured will be quoted by State Life upon the policyholder’s written request.
Automatic Non-forfeiture Options
The traditional “Automatic Premium Loan” and “Automatic Paid-Up” options are also offered under this plan. The automatic option activates when the policy has acquired a surrender value and a premium remains unpaid beyond the grace period.
- This product is underwritten by State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan. It is not guaranteed or insured by Samba Bank Limited or its affiliates and is not a Samba Bank Limited product.
- The past performance of State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Any forecast made is not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance of the funds and neither State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan nor Samba Bank Limited will incur any liability for the same.
- A personalized illustration of benefits will be provided to you by our staff. Please refer to the notes in the illustration for detailed understanding of the various terms and conditions.
- A description of how the contract works is given in the policy privileges and conditions. This product brochure only gives a general outline of the product features and benefits and the figures used above are indicative and for illustration purposes only.
Click here to download the brochure.